Upgrade to v0.9.4
Add Helm repo in UMHLens / OpenLens
Check if the UMH Helm repository is added in UMHLens / OpenLens.
To do so, from the top-left menu, select FIle > Preferences (or press
CTRL + ,).
Click on the Kubernetes tab and check if the Helm Chart section contains
If it doesn’t, click the Add Custom Helm Repo button and fill in the following values:
- Helm repo name: united-manufacturing-hub
- URL: https://repo.umh.app
Then click Add.
Some workloads need to be deleted before upgrading. This process do not delete any data. If a workload is missing, it means that it was not enabled in your cluster, therefore you can skip it.
To delete a resource, you can select it using the box on the left of the resource name and click the - button on the bottom right corner.
- Open the Workloads tab.
- From the Deployment section, delete the following deployments:
- From the StatefulSet section, delete the following statefulsets:
Upgrade Helm Chart
Now everything is ready to upgrade the Helm chart.
Navigate to the Helm > Releases tab.
Select the united-manufacturing-hub release and click Upgrade.
In the Helm Upgrade window, make sure that the
Upgrade versionfield contains the version you want to upgrade to.
You can also change the values of the Helm chart, if needed.
If you have enabled the Kafka Bridge, find the section
_000_commonConfig.kafkaBridge.topicmapand set the value to the following:
- bidirectional: false name: HighIntegrity send_direction: to_remote topic: ^ia\.(([^r.](\d|-|\w)*)|(r[b-z](\d|-|\w)*)|(ra[^w]))\.(\d|-|\w|_)+\.(\d|-|\w|_)+\.((addMaintenanceActivity)|(addOrder)|(addParentToChild)|(addProduct)|(addShift)|(count)|(deleteShiftByAssetIdAndBeginTimestamp)|(deleteShiftById)|(endOrder)|(modifyProducedPieces)|(modifyState)|(productTag)|(productTagString)|(recommendation)|(scrapCount)|(startOrder)|(state)|(uniqueProduct)|(scrapUniqueProduct))$ - bidirectional: false name: HighThroughput send_direction: to_remote topic: ^ia\.(([^r.](\d|-|\w)*)|(r[b-z](\d|-|\w)*)|(ra[^w]))\.(\d|-|\w|_)+\.(\d|-|\w|_)+\.(process[V|v]alue).*$
For more information, see the Kafka Bridge configuration
If you have enabled Barcodereader, find the
barcodereadersection and set the following values, adding the missing ones and updating the already existing ones:
enabled: false image: pullPolicy: IfNotPresent resources: requests: cpu: "2m" memory: "30Mi" limits: cpu: "10m" memory: "60Mi" scanOnly: false # Debug mode, will not send data to kafka
The upgrade process can take a few minutes. The process is complete when the Status field of the release is Deployed.